While I could start this post by going on and on about how I absolutely cannot believe my baby is eleven months old, I’m just going to skip it. Time is passing faster than I want. Teddy is so big and we’ve had a fantastic month.
Here’s his weekly pictures from the last month:
Teddy has such a happy, little personality and is generally quite an easy baby. This last month he has been so focused on moving! He’s a super fast crawler, loves pulling up and walks around with his little walker like a pro. We went to visit my grandpa last week and Teddy borrowed his walker and used it to cruise around the room! I think he could start walking at any second, but I am in no real rush. Keeping track of him will be even harder once he takes off.
Being mobile has been a little hard on the kiddo’s head and had two bruises last week from falling. One of them went all the way across his cheek and ear! It looked so painful. He’s also busted his lip open and smashed his fingers a few times. I’m always surprised because he never seems to cry for long after he’s hurt himself.
He does cry (a lot) when it’s time to change his diaper or clothes. He hates sitting for diaper changes and it’s an exhausting battle to get him dressed. I keep a stash of fun stuff he can only play with during diaper changes, but it doesn’t always keep him from melting down.
We are on a really good sleep schedule these days. He goes to bed between 7-8PM and wakes up between 7-8AM. Sometimes he will wake up after about ten hours and nurse before falling back to sleep between Colby and I. We’ve traveled a lot this month and struggled to get him to sleep away from home. I’m not sure if he just hates his pack n’ play, doesn’t like Daddy’s snoring, or can smell me (ha!), but he is always restless when we share a room. This makes me a bit nervous for our upcoming cruise, but we have eight nights to hopefully figure it out!
Teddy loves eating. His favorites include cheese, beans, and waffles. He gets breakfast, lunch and dinner straight off my plate and then nurses four times a day. I am in no rush to quit breastfeeding, but I did donate all my frozen milk (about 350 ounces) and put away the bottles and my breast pump. In the perfect world, he would self wean in the next seven-ish months. If not, I will slowly start cutting back before next fall.
He wears size 12 month sleepers and tops, but is still in size nine month jeans! He has the skinniest booty I’ve ever seen! He wears size three diapers during the day and size four at night.
We had a fabulous Christmas and got to spend time with all our favorite people! Teddy received a ton of really fun toys and I’ve been on a mission to get our house organized and decluttered. I get like this every year after Christmas and it’s always nice to start the year off with a tidy home. Teddy’s toys and clothes have been my first big project and things are looking very nice!
At eleven months old Teddy:
- loves being outside.
- will be going on a cruise, flying and seeing the ocean for the first time this next month. I hope he loves every bit of it.
- still doesn’t say “mama” but says “dada” and babbles a ton.
- loves playing with tractors and trucks and carries a little matchbox car around all day.
- is obsessed with turning on the bath water and flushing the toilet.
- loves Milo and Cricket. We are currently dog sitting my mom’s pups and they are all obsessed with following him around!
- needs his first haircut. I’ve refused, but it’s starting to look shaggy and hang over his eyes.
- is such a Mama’s boy lately and cries if I leave him in a room alone. It’s sad and heartwarming all at the same time.
- is such a little people watcher. He loves going out in public, smiling, and batting those big blue eyes at people. He makes friends wherever we go!
I guess it’s time for me to start planning a birthday party! It blows my mind, but man I am excited to see who this little man grows up to be!